Jury Awards Florida Woman $48M Who Suffer from Mold sickness

0
165

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – A South Florida jury has awarded a woman $48M after a leaky roof led to contamination of her apartment by mold, which left Jividen with a lifelong debilitating illness.

In 2015, Lynette Jividen moved into a Plantation apartment complex when she was 56-years-old. The roof of her apartment already leaked and was proof of mold. Lynette Jividen moved out immediately after Hurricane Irma. In September 2017, Hurricane Irma struck Florida as a category four storm.

Her lawyer, Robert McKee, said that exposure to the toxic mold already had started causing health problems in Jividen.

According to Broward County online court records, Jividen filed the lawsuit on May 11, 2018. And in her complaint, she claimed that she developed a ‘host of symptoms’ after moving to the Mar Lago Village condominium building in 2016.

A well-known newspaper named- South Florida sun Sentinal further reported that she was diagnosed with chronic inflammatory response syndrome. All body parts like muscles, joints, nervous system, digestive system, and immune system are affected in the patient suffering from CIRS.

Chronic inflammatory response syndrome condition results when the patient is exposed to mold spores for a longer duration. It is a multi-system, multi-symptom illness that results due to molds producing mycotoxins.

“Before this, she was a vibrant, wonderfully happy person,” said co-counsel David Brill.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that Jividen develops symptoms when she first moved into the Mar Lago Village condominium until she moved out two years later.

She complains to management to fix water leaks in her roof, and in June 2017, she tested for mold on her own. And sent results to the management company, according to court records.

Jividen filed lawsuits against a roofing company, building owner, and the complex’s management company. Unfortunately, the roofing company defaulted on the case.

The Newspaper revealed that Florida Contractors made more than one endeavor to fix the rooftop; however, the leakage didn’t stop. After the roof, leakage got worse, and after Irma hit the state, Jividen didn’t restore; her rent and moved out.

Jividen sued the property owner, ML CASA V, and its management organization, ZRS Management. Those organizations settled for an undisclosed sum, as indicated by court records. Florida Contractors didn’t.

And Lynette Jividen was awarded the money after a Broward County jury virtually met her to deliver the verdict, reported by South Florida Newspaper.

Jividen was awarded $48M to meet her damage expense, 10$ for expected future treatment costs, more than $1.2 million for future and past lost earning. And $35 million for loss of capacity to enjoy life, reported the same newspaper.

Lynette Jividen’s lawyers now should follow insurance agencies for verdict settlements.

 

 

Unfortunately, Lynette Jividen is not the only case suffering from mold illness. Numerous high-profile celebrities are fighting or have faced mold toxicity.

Exposure to water-damaged buildings causes fungi and bacteria to grow in your house. And the growth of a different type of mold can lead to mold allergy, asthma symptoms, and other severe health effects.

Mold allergy symptoms include:

  • Sneezing
  • Runny nose
  • Cough
  • Watery eyes
  • Itchy eyes
  • Itchy skin around the nose, mouth, and lips

The humidity level in your home leads to the production of mold in your home. And exposure to molds for some longer duration results in terrible health hazards.

It is crucial to prevent mold growth in your home. Because molds, especially, black mold can cause allergic reactions; to people who are sensitive to mold.

It is crucial to prevent mold growth in your home. Because molds, especially, black mold can cause allergic reactions; to people who are sensitive to mold.

Suzanne Somers is a well-known actress, famous for her role as Chrissie on people’s all-time favorite TV Show Three’s Company. However, she is known to suffer from mold toxicity as well. When her house burned down, she rented a home that makes her and her husband sick of toxic mold.

The former wife of the super rock star, Mick Jagger, was a well-known model who suffered from mold toxicity. In early 2001 she began feeling sick. She ran three environmental tests in her apartment, which confirmed that it was mould-infested.

Ted Nugent is a well-known musician, and her wife, Shamane, is a renowned nutritionist and entrepreneur. They started feeling ill and soon realized that its cause is mold contamination in their house.

Voice Star, Katrina Parker, is unable to Sing because she is suffering from mold contamination.

Few Mold Related Facts You Need To Know:

Research revealed that 7 million deaths per year are linked to indoor and outdoor mold exposure. It’s hard to find and prevents mold growth, but it’s necessary. As molds are capable of causing deadly health impacts on you and your family.

In the United States, 21.8 million cases of asthma patients are reported. Approximately 4.6 million cases are assessed to be inferable from mold exposure and dampness in the home.

Almost 93% of cases of chronic sinus infection are the result of mold exposure.

Approximately proficient mold remediation costs $500 to $6,000 – however, the cost can take off into the many thousands if the issue is extreme.